Monday, January 10, 2011

10 Jan. 2011

Spent a good deal of time working on my novel.  I've made progress and rethought the whole should or shouldn't revise the storyline.  For a while, I thought it needed the rewriting, but it doesn't.  Shortly into Act II, it is not a rewrite it needs, but a tangent/secondary plot that got lost in the shuffle. I've been writing that character's story for years, but forgot to weave it into the MC's history.  Wow.  (not) smart.

I'll get back to it when he comes around again and even more during the revision.  Right now, it's a simple Rough Draft I'm working out, not the polished product.  Nuts and bolts first, then the trimmings.  It'll come along...

Got more out to a reader of mine, not a writer like I would prefer (that ideal seems to have died away for the time being), but they liked it just the same.  "Now you're in trouble," was the reply to my work.  "Where's the rest?"  lol  short but sweet.  Well, did also get an excerpt out for a walk, too.  Had a concern that it was not reading as smooth as I had hoped.  But, again, it came back fine.  Actually, it was commended and praised.

Hmm.  And I know that person would have raked me good if it was 'off' just a little.  They've done so before, which is why I sent them the piece.  But I still think it's off somehow.  Something does not sit/flow well with it.  Might be the content.  Very possible, as it's not my type of interaction (not in the slightest).  But . . . I dunno, it just does not read off the page as I think it should.

I'll have to go back over it later this week. 

A writing forum viewed it, liked it, save minor spelling.  One person did have a slight hitch with the part that concerned me.  So, one out of 5 or 6 noticed it.  I will definitely have to revise it this week.  Hopefully, by then I'll know how to even it out.

Anyway, weather finally brought snow here.  a good few inches.  Too bad this town only has 2 plows (which they mainly keep at the airport).  Maybe one day they'll grow up and realize it snows every year.  lol doubt it!  This is still the same place that closed all the schools (I shit you not) because it was 36 degrees and therefore too cold for the kids to stand at the bus stop for 10 minutes (said so on the news, wth).  The schools have heat!  The parents of the kids who didn't ride the bus were told (dropping them off) to take the kids home, it was too cold.

Where were these fools when I was in high school?  single digits, sleeting, below zero wind chills and a 20-30 minutes wait for the buss which did not have heat.  HAHAHAHA  Wusses, every one!  these people would scream end of the world if lake effect ever hit here.  And I'd be making a snowman.

Can't wait to get back up north, where people have a pair.  Geeze!

Started, or rather restarted, a knit project today.  Stainedglass Afghan (Knit And Crochet Now!).  Actually, I'm planning on making a small little bathmat first.  Use up all my Red Heart Super Saver acrylic (o'brill-o pad spun into yarn form).  In gold and black, it should look pretty sharp!  Also gives me something to do when not writing and trying to figure out my character's next move or inner thoughts (she keeps those so tightly guarded -- still).

No comments:

Post a Comment