Monday, February 14, 2011

14 Feb. 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, Folks!

Hope it was a good one.  ;)

Spouse and I had a great one, aside from still having to work.  I let 'em sleep in half an hour, then kick back in the recliner as I took care of dinner.  A little appetizer, steak and vedge, and red velvet lava cake.

lol they LOVED it...  didn't get one complaint, haha, until they had to get up and go to work.  They didn't want to -- just wanted to stay home and relax the night away.  Who wouldn't!

I don't get to spoil them much, but when I can, I go for gold!

Andora's getting a second pouch of wet food tonight, too.  Gotta spoil all today!

As for work, yeah, slow going, again.  I'm having a rather rough time writing for the MC's mother and uncle.  I'm no parent and I don't have to worry about calling my cat in the middle of the night and hearing someone else answer their phone.  Or worry about them being chased by the police and wrestled to the ground (in front of me) -- kk, rather odd situation there, but it works for now...

so, how do I write for the characters when I do not understand what is going through their heads?  Or how their emotions are tearing them one way then another?

I'll get it done.  I always do.  Just, I don't understand it. lol

Pages: 234
Words: 63,664

I still have more to type up, and am still tweaking the current file, but that's about the bottom line right now.

Oh, Uncle is still around tonight.  not the white shirt and black pants this time, but black shadow all together.  He's been pacing just off to the side.  I said happy v-day to him and he seemed to brighten.  Now, I don't see him, but feel him, bit happier and smiling.

Miss him when he's gone, now that I've gotten used to his company.  It's nice to have family around.

Love him dearly...

Internet is about to laps... tho, I can still log in here...  I'm planning to use the time to dive into work and plow through unabated... i.e. less excuses (youtube) not to.  lol that thing's the great time waster.  It's going to wreak havoc on research -- that never ends, no matter how much I've already done for this project -- but that's why we have libraries! ;)

Besides, will be good to get it done first THEN research more finer points and edit it out to where it should be...  I've worked the other way for years...  and it works for me, but takes much, much longer... now, I'm going to use this time to try things the other way...

I could stew and whine over the loss of the full internet, or take it in stride.  And, frankly, I'm not about to put my energy into wallowing in an inch of water.  That's too much effort on something so minor.  And so many more meaningful things need my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment