Sunday, October 9, 2011

09 Oct. 2011

Dreaming so weird lately.  Must be hormones.  But, good news on the story front -- it's pretty much what my life revolves around (except family).  Been requested to enter a piece this year.  Wasn't 100% last I posted.  Really looking forward to doing so.  I take it as an honor, really.  Been doing this a while -- since my teens  -- and still glad to see that requests and compliments never get taken for granted.

Critiques I take with a an open mind and rooted feet.  Improvement, I'm happy to work towards.  Losing my voice and style, not so much.  Not that one can't live with a little give and take.  But being asked to submit, no matter where, still just astounds me.  In the best way.

Last time, it was for a publisher in the UK.  This time, from a friend.  Both delight me so.  Am happy to do it.

On the other front, received a great gift yesterday: a Halloween maternity shirt.  Shows an adult torso in X-ray with a little one's skeleton lower down.  Dude, it ROCKS!

Will be wearing it for as long as it fits!

Pic may follow.  Such a great shirt.  Which makes the rest of the selection rather sad.  There are not that many good options for pregnant women when it comes to Halloween.  99% of them revolve around pumpkin smuggling.  How lame.

At least, with a little digging, something good can still be found out there.  Hopefully, there'll be more to come, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment