Tuesday, November 2, 2010

02 Nov. 2010 Continued...

Doubt I'm gonna get much work done tonight, though I have slated a few uninterrupted hours for it.  I have to catch up for my beta.  If you're going to have one, you have to be one.  Besides, they deserve the best of my attention if they are returning theirs.  ;)

Having a beta is great, however brutal it may be at times.  You each push each other and strive for better work off each others support.  Onwards and upwards.  Gotta take it all in stride -- publishers and editors will be so much worse.  Betas are there to help you hone your work before they get to it.  Best foot forward.

They are, also, a chance to share and have someone read your work.  After all, it's what a writer wants.  Someone to read it and enjoy the tale.  This way, a writer can have both, a push and a reader.

With Criminal Minds on now, kinda hard to read (will be finishing the current chapter and the next two after the shows end.  Time management: during my shows, few times a week only, I work on my WIPs and gifts for later this month.  Once they end, it's beta time, or a few hours of writing then vise versa.

Tonight, its beta.  Three chapters behind, I need to catch up.  My writing, even if just two pages, will be good enough tonight.

My goal for my work is to finish the first whole draft by the end of the year.  I still have time.  Never an excuse to slow -- I still have to work for it and work hard -- it's just a shred of hope.  lol and I'm still blocked... in the holiday crunch, it's 'grow balls or go home!'

Was something we said on a site I worked: grow balls or go home.  And mine are solid gold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment