Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30 Nov. 2010

Not posted in a while (I'm usually bad at that anyway), been knitting up gifts or recouping from.  Got all but one item done for Thanksgiving.  Though, not to say someone went without a gift -- they didn't.  They just did not get 100% of it.  :(  I'll have to mail it in a week or so.

So, now, I've a wash cloth set (8 pieces) to make for Yule, three cat toys for the same day; a santa hat for Christmas, scarf and hat set, another soap pouch and something creepy for another friend (across the pond), and a handful of more cat toys, and two throws to sew.  Not counting the afghan and maybe something for me -- might be nice to have a second item made myself, only made one in 3 years.

As for the writing . . . it is knit or write right now.  If I pick up the pen, I'll not see the needles until June.  Not that I don't want to write.  I think of the story every day.  I'm constantly trolling over the last chapter, trying to find my way through their turmoil (and boy, are they in it lol).  Sometimes the the breakthrough causes more trouble than it is worth, especially for the writer.  But, it is needed.

I've also picked up a pen pal.  Trekking to the mailbox and finding a letter inside, so much better than hearing an email alert.  A letter takes a person's time and thought.  Email, not so much.  And it is truly a lost art: letter writing.  With the Gods' good graces, it may return.

Cheers to better days . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment