Wednesday, February 9, 2011

09 Feb. 2011

Been pluggin' away this week...  So far, about 20+ pages... just wish it were typed already and that I knew how much of those 20+ I'm going to keep.  I doubt many.  HaHaHa, this morn, spent an hour writing and rewriting an convo between the MC and her partner... yeah, emotional conflicts, hard to keep focused... know I'm going to be rewriting it 6 more times...

Bring it...  LOL!

I've gotten to the Reversal -- Part 1... not what I planned it to be, but I'll take it.  Actually, I think it's about time she fouled up that bad, damn it!  The stakes are higher now... more on the line, more backlash, more extreme the failure if she misses her only mark left to put things right.

Hell, she misses now, I'm'a gonna kick her arse!  Works ;)

But, at the same time, I've been rather muted in my place here at the desk.  The more pages I put behind the MC and her starting point, it seems the further and further she is from salvation...  More equals less in progress.

It's so pissing me off, right now... I'm nearly to the point of yelling at nothing and bouncing the manuscript off the wall (from previous experience, I know they won't).  But, for now, I'm holding fast to the fact I have to write this out.  I owe it to the MC to tell her story and see her through to the end.

How can I let her down?

I know how I feel: angry, tired, drained, in a corner, lost from the reach of reason.  Yeah, fine, no problem, been here before.  But, how does she feel?  How would she if I abandoned her to the void?

I'd be pissed.  More than I am right now...

I've been there... people turning their backs (some smiling)... rarely anything worse when you need to get something out.  So, what would I be for leaving her like they did me?  Oh, hell no!  I'm better than that -- swore that years ago!

I'll finish the story, regardless, I'll finish her story, her way.  I don't care if it takes me the next 60 years, I'm going to get it done, the way she's living it.

This I vow -- So Mote It Be /|\

No comments:

Post a Comment