Saturday, February 5, 2011

06 Feb. 2011

Well, had an interesting eve Friday night.  Started that afternoon.

Tired and run through the wringer (writing does that from time to time), I left my office for an early nap.  Now, I take my phone everywhere, but this day, I turned around, saw it on my desk and left it there.  I was too worn out to go get it.  So, when I turned in for a little down time (and spouse with me) I didn't think much of it.  I mean, I can't use it while I sleep.

Well, shortly after, spouse got a call -- they had to go to the office to pick up an expected delivery.  Said okay, but not to call on their way home, because my phone was in my office and I would not be able to answer.  They agreed and headed out.

When they returned, they came bearing meat and mail... how nice!  I accepted my mail then went back to sleep.  They went back out, to watch TV.  When I finally woke up, I got a text.  My phone was on the end table.

When spouse got back to the room, they said, oh, your phone's right there.  I said, yeah, I got a text then went on to mention them bringing me my phone.  They hadn't.  Spouse swore they never went back into my office (they rarely ever do, even when asked).  My office is my writing space and, even if I would like a bit of company, they just like to leave me to it.

So, if they did not touch my phone and I left it in my office...  How did it walk almost 30' to my bedside?  lol  Well, must admit I was at a loss, until I heard a bit of laughter and my Uncle.  So guess that answers that!

I said thank you! ;) tho a bit unnerved as he usually stays outside the bedroom door.  Most times...  But, still, is a cool experience, just the same.

Thanks, Unc!  Really appreciate the help! ;)

As for my work...
225pg/61,327wrds
8pg/1,933wrds (this week)

Got my free writes in as planned.  Been very diligent about that.  Hell, I even wake up before midnight, if I happen to fall asleep before I can get to it.  Nice habit!  Well, today, I was toying with a scene for the work -- and having a bit of trouble with it, I may add -- so I tossed it in for my FW.  funny how pressing that button ironed out all the 'no, I should wait for this' crap and shoved in the story to be written.

Now, I'm trying desperately to get the timing right.  I need all roads to converge at one precise moment, or I've lost the BANG of the reversal...  I know I can do this, I just... Gods, I need a bit of time.  I have two days now, no more to get the Reversal Part 1 written and typed.

Actually, typing's the hard part... so boring! hehehe  oops...

Anyway, it'll get done, just need to press that button some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment