Saturday, October 15, 2011

15 Oct. 2011

Yea, dry streak is over and I'm back to throwing up (in some inconvenient places)!!!  Oh, joy.  Only upside on this is that the sicker I am, the less likely it is of a miscarriage.  Would rather I be sick than Kenneth.

On the work front, I'm rather worried.  Have I forgotten what it is to be freaked out on Halloween?  For weeks I've tried and tried and tried to figure out the best parts of and what makes a good scary story.  I've gotten 2 written, and a 3rd nearly done, but . . . it's just the same as the old campfire tales we used to tell when the sun went down and scared ourselves silly.  I so miss those days.

Back then everything made a good tale and scares were a penny a thousand.  For a short story, I can't seem to find that feeling.  That innocent scare.

Have I lost touch?  Lost that untainted, unseasoned chill?  Have I forgotten the true fun and heart of Halloween?

I think it's time I got back to basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment