Monday, October 17, 2011

17 Oct. 2011

How was your day?

Mine's gone almost nowhere.

LOL, but guess I'd have it no other way.  Spent all day outlining the piece for a publisher.  And it never got to the opening line until about half an hour ago.

okay, forgot I had the window up, now passed the word limit for scene: one.  Glad it's just a guideline, not the hard, fast rule.

Beginning the work was slow going at best today.  And, come as the words wouldn't, I shortened the word count for the opener.  Anything to make it feel more plausible to get writing.  The 400 words, I could allow to 800.

Only reason it's shortened, honestly, is that getting the piece on it's feet seemed impossible -- without combining the first two scenes in a way they touched.  down right smooched.  There is no line dividing them.

so, guess it's not all bad.  at least it's getting opened.  And, by the gods, have been second guessing myself sooooooo much tonight to get it this far.  Seems silly.  But, with the rust that has gathered on, not only me, but my writing of short pieces, has gotten quite thick.

It's coming off though.  And, it feels SOOOOOOO GOOD to be working again!!!  How I've missed it!!  Even the hard days and heartaches.  I've missed it all!

If anything, it's proved where I'm meant to be in my life: right here at the keys.  All I have to do is get published again. ;)

Will deal with that when I reach it.  First thing's first.  Write! Write! Write!

The rest will be as it's to be.  Am just glad to be working again.  And, for right now, words on the page, even less than perfect ones, are gold.  Revision will correct the rest. ;)

This blog did come off rather disjointed.  So was I when I began it.  And a 30+ minute gap, I see, didn't help.  Well, not for the post.  It did for the mood.  Work cures all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment